“Suppose that the world’s author put the case to you before creation, saying: “I am going to make a world not certain to be saved, a world the perfection of which shall be conditional merely, the condition being that each several agent does its own ‘level best.’ I offer you the chance of taking part in such a world. Its safety, you see, is unwarranted. It is a real adventure, with real danger, yet it may win through. It is a social scheme of co-operative work genuinely to be done. Will you join the procession? Will you trust yourself and trust the other agents enough to face the risk?””
- Will you join the procession? – Will we join God in making the choice of creation and change?
- Will you trust yourself and trust the other agents enough to face the risk? – Are we willing to extend faith and trust towards one another and expose ourself to the risks of vulnerability?
- Truth: “Receive truth, let it come from whence it may” (2)
- Friendship: Turning the hearts of generations towards one another (3), sustaining (4), and Zion as “one heart and one mind” (5)
- Relief: “to be just and merciful” (6), “mourn with those that mourn” (7), and joining a God who “weep(s)” with others (8)