This has been a topic that has been on our minds for quite some time. We feel that the societal, scientific...
Gratitude is a transformative power. I recently took the time to write down some of the things, ideas, and people I am grateful for that have transformed my life for the better. Here are some:
1. I’m grateful for our shared humanity, the time we’re given, and for the beauty of our world.
2. I’m grateful that geo-political forces haven’t torn my family apart. Many in the world aren’t so lucky. But there is much we can do to bless the lives of families that are separated.
3. I’m grateful for the sacrifice, struggle, and courage of my ancestors (modern, ancient, and prehistoric). And I’m grateful for the human spirit which calls us to explore, grow, stretch, improve, and discover the unknown.
4. I am grateful for faith. Not faith that is ruled by creed, blind obedience, oppression, dogmatism or authoritarianism; but a faith that is living, bleeds, challenges me to do and be better, calls me to love others, improves, and leads me with trust and forgiveness.
5. I’m grateful for empathy: one of the most powerful forms of gratitude.